Billing & Insurance
As a service to our patients, we submit all primary insurance claims. We submit secondary insurance claims for Medicare patients only. Nevertheless, you the patient, are ultimately responsible for payment of your healthcare services.
Our billing staff is available to assist you will all billing questions. However, to ensure you receive the greatest benefit from your health insurance carrier, we encourage you to become familiar with your benefits including co-payment, co-insurance, and deductible as well as referral and pre-certification requirements.
Patient Financial Responsibility
- Payment of the patient responsibility portion of your visit is due at the time of service including all applicable co-payments.
- For your convenience, we accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- All returned checks are subject to a $25 handling fee.
All of our physicians participate with the same insurance carriers. Our physicians are contracted, in-network providers with the following insurance carriers:
- Aetna US Healthcare – EPO, POS and PPO. (As of 1/1/2020, AWOG physicians are Out of Network with Aetna Premier, Aetna Premier Select and/or Aetna Aexcel Plans)
- Ambetter (through the exchange/marketplace only)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – HMO, PPO, POS
- Coventry Healthcare – POS
- CIGNA Healthcare – POS and PPO
- First Health
- Humana – POS and PPO
- Kaiser Permanente – Commercial and Exchange
- Medicare – NO NEW MEDICARE PATIENTS, established patients only
Insurance Plans Not Accepted
- AWOG does not accept any exchange/marketplace products as it relates to the Affordable Care Act that are not Kaiser or Ambetter.
- As Piedmont Clinic providers, we do not accept any Medicare HMO/Advantage Plans or Medicaid.
- We do not accept Limited Insurance plans, Discount Plans or Short Term Insurance Plans.
- No Blue Cross Blue Shield Pathway or Pathway X plans accepted.