Prenatal Appointments in Atlanta, GA
At Atlanta Women’s Obstetrics & Gynecology, we are partners with you throughout your pregnancy.
Regular prenatal visits with our obstetrics team in Atlanta, GA, are important to monitor your health and your baby’s health. The frequency of prenatal visits depends on how far along you are in the pregnancy and any known health conditions.
Atlanta Women’s Obstetrics & Gynecology has been providing the highest quality of care to women in Atlanta, GA for over 35 years. Our board-certified OBGYNs are highly trained in providing prenatal care to women. Call (404) 352-3616 to schedule a prenatal checkup or your first prenatal appointment today!
About Prenatal Visits
A typical schedule for prenatal checkups is:
- Between Weeks 4-28: You’ll have an appointment once a month.
- Between Weeks 28-36: You’ll start having appointments twice a month.
- After week 36: You’ll have weekly appointments.
If your pregnancy is high-risk, which depends on factors like the patient’s age, weight, and other health problems or concerns, your OBGYN may recommend more frequent prenatal visits to closely monitor your pregnancy.
What to Expect During Your Prenatal Visit
During a prenatal checkup, your OBGYN may:
- Get a urine sample
- Review medical history
- Check blood pressure, weight, and height
- Check stress level and lifestyle habits
- Perform blood tests
- Check the fetal heart rate
- Feel and measure the patient’s abdomen
- Take a fetal ultrasound
- Answer any questions or concerns the patient has
Other tests may be done to test to detect signs of possible health problems including infection, birth defects, gestational diabetes, or fetal distress.